Thursday, February 3, 2011

Real Wedding: Kathryn and Andy Perreault

Kathryn Dietrich decided the week before Christmas was the perfect time for her to marry her long time sweetheart Andy Perreault. While she did not want a "Christmas" wedding, she did want to embrace the season. Kathryn and Andy went to Cumberland Law School, so the Reid Chapel at Samford University was the perfect place for their ceremony.

Kathryn requested a traditional look, so I introduced her to two of my favorite florists, Kathy Miller and Lois Owens. The jewel-toned colors were perfect for the season!


Very few brides are wearing old dresses these days, so when Kathryn told me she was wearing her grandmother's dress, I was eager to see it. She sent me a photo she took from her phone weeks after the engagement, but that photo did not do the dress justice. Kathryn is a very elegant and sophisticated person, so this dress was a perfect fit!!



To keep with the traditional look, we decided on The Garden's Cafe as the reception venue. Kathy G. & Co. did an incredible job as usual.




To help explain the history of the wedding dress, Kathryn had a photo of her grandmother wearing it displayed on the cake table.


Magic Muffin did a wonderful job on the wedding cake! The candied fruit was a perfect touch for the winter season!


While some couples get stuck talking to guests all night, Kathryn and Andy found themselves on the dance floor for most of the night! The guests danced the night away to music by II Da Max!


Kathryn decided to change into a "party dress" for the reception! She looked absolutely stunning! This is such a fun thing for brides to do! I highly encourage you changing for either the reception or right before you leave. When it was time to leave, we gathered the guests outside to create a tunnel of sparklers.

If you look in the back of the photo you will see me standing there. Kathryn wrote...."there is a cute photo of Andy and me leaving the wedding and you are in the background. I thought: there's my guardian angel." Comments like this add so much meaning to why I do what I do. While picking out flowers, designing invitations and coordinating the logistics keep me busy, my true joy comes from taking care of my clients!

After a perfect night, Coats Antique Cars carried the couple off into the night. Many thanks to Scott Carlisle for the amazing photography!

Happy Planning!
-NB

No comments: