Monday, August 3, 2009

Going out with style...

If any of you send a funeral spray when I die, I promise to haunt you down!!

My sweet grandfather passed away yesterday after a long battle with Alzheimer's. We are all sad to see him go, but happy for him to finally be in heaven and have his mind back. As I sat at my grandmother's dining room table tonight, I couldn't help but notice the cluster of flowers that took up the entire table. I don't mean to be mean, but it looked like the florist ran out of flowers and used one of everything he had in the shop. It was the tackiest thing I have ever seen.

I know, I know...the flowers are not what is important. The funeral is a time to remember the life of the one who has passed, but I can assure you...even my poor grandfather would be deeply saddened by the bush covering his table. I am asking you now...Please do not remember me with a funeral spray arrangement.


The Will of Neillie Kirk Butler

I Neillie ask that my diamonds be given to sisters and my money be given to the poor, but please oh please have I ever asked for anything more.....









Happy Planning!
-NB

**Tonight's blog is in loving memory of Grr....

No comments: