Monday, June 8, 2009

House Party!

One of my dear friends, Jennifer Pennington, is getting married on August 1st and I am hosting her bachelorette party at my house this weekend. We are starting the day off at Richard Joseph Spa, having dinner at Hot and Hot Fish Club and then ending the night at my house. The plan is to have Baby Bits from Pastry Art and champagne while we shower JP with panties...:)


(JP is the girl pretty in pink)


House parties are one of my favorite gatherings to plan. I have a tendency to go overboard when they are at my house...painting rooms, moving furniture and spending entirely too much time with a bottle of Windex!


As for JP's party, I believe everyone is expecting a typical house party, but I don't want that. I am envisioning more. I would love to see lanterns leading up to the front door with a grand entrance and cool centerpieces. I would like there to be details that she enjoys!!


I found this lantern at my favorite store, IKEA. They are only $4.99 and you could use them for a million different things. I like to keep things like this on hand. You never know when you will need lanterns.



Tom and I were just out watering our hydrangeas and he actually got the wild idea of hanging Chinese lanterns from the two oak trees in my front yard. The man could actually be on to something. I have an obsession with trees...too long to explain...maybe we will discuss trees in another blog. Anyway, this got me thinking. What if I hung lanterns from the trees?




It is going to take a tall ladder and some long extension cords to pull this off (not a project for Tom, but probably my handyman brother-in-law Andrew). We will see...my trees aren't quite as cool as the trees in this picture, but you get the idea!



All I could think about today was Jennifer's party. I want it to be perfect, so I stopped by Hot House Design to get some decorating ideas. I was so excited to find a grapevine ball wrapped in flowers (see my last blog)!! I am going to try and find a place for a gv ball Saturday night! I don't know why, but I just love these fun little "balls!"



I need to stop imagining and get to work..only 4 more days!


Happy Planning!


-NB

No comments: